The Humane Society of the United States

Contact Us

Please drop us a line or send an email with your comments or questions to:

The Humane Society of the United States 1255 23rd Street, NW, Suite 450, Washington, DC 20037

202-452-1100 or 866-720-2676 Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., or Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern time.

In case of emergency

If you have found a stray or injured animal, please call your local animal care and control agency immediately. You can search for your local agency online at Pets911 or Petfinder.

To report a case of animal cruelty, neglect or abuse, please contact your local law enforcement agency. You can search for the proper authorities in your area here.

If you have a veterinary emergency, please call your local veterinarian or veterinary emergency hospital. You can search for vet emergency hospitals online at Pets911.

Frequently asked questions

Find answers to your general questions about The Humane Society of the United States on one of our Frequently Asked Questions pages.

If you have questions about our website, get answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the website.

If you want to connect with a particular department or affiliate, please use the search feature to locate forms and contact information.

If you are interested in employment with The HSUS, see our current list of job openings.

If you are a journalist seeking an interview or background information, please call 301-548-7793 to reach a Media Relations Specialist.

Call or email us

We read and answer letters and emails, but please understand that we are not always able to respond as quickly as we would like.

Have a question about your HSUS membership? Write to us, email, or call 202-452-1100 or 866-720-2676 while our switchboard is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., or Saturday through Sunday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern time.

HSUS tip lines

To report illegal dogfighting, call our Dogfighting Tip Line at 877-TIP-HSUS (877-847-4787).

To report cruelty associated with a puppy mill, please call 877-MILL-TIP (877-645-5847).

To report illegal horse soring, please call 855-NO-SORING (855-667-6746).

In Your State

Find out more about The HSUS's efforts in your state. Read More »