February 1, 2017
Manager, Email Marketing
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Manager, Email Marketing for our international affiliate, Humane Society International (HSI). The main responsibility of this position is to manage email communications to maximize advocacy participation and donation income, through compelling and innovative campaigns
This position will be responsible for:
- Directing a robust email program around fundraising campaigns and country office activities using strategic, targeted, and creative communications to raise advocacy and fundraising efforts;
- Providing leadership for a team of email marketing strategists, to create compelling messaging and writing, producing and sending email communication along with other digital content;
- Coordinating with the team and with outside vendors on strategy, design production, and software enhancements; Collaborating with the team to establish direction of digital initiatives in support of organizational and fundraising goals;
- Assisting with other projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, or related field, or equivalent work experience required:
- Minimum of four years' experience managing digital or similar marketing campaigns is required; a background in the international arena is highly desired;
- Prior supervisory experience and strong team-approach is also required;
- Additional skills required include: outstanding writing and editing skills; ability to see the "big picture" strategic approach, and strong project management skills;
- Must have solid knowledge and skills using a CRM system such as Convio, Engaging Networks, or similar software as well as intermediate level of HTML skills;
- Ability to work outside of business hours to meet deadlines when necessary.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»