March 8, 2017
Animal Caregiver I- Equine
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking an Animal Caregiver I- Equine for our Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch (CABBR). The main responsibility of this position is to provide care for animals and all upkeep of related animal habitats and associated areas. .
This position will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the health and well-being of all animals and integrity and cleanliness of enclosures;
- Documenting detailed notes in department logs and reporting abnormalities;
- Preparing food/diets and feeding all animals according to dietary guidelines and schedule;
- Researching proper nutrition requirements for animals;
- Observing animals for signs of illness or injury and administering medications or treatments to ill/injured animals as directed;
- Capturing, moving and transporting animals and assisting with examinations/surgeries performed on property;
- Observing the changing needs of animals in different temperatures and addressing seasonal changes and needs;
- Providing psychological and physical enrichment to a variety of animals housed at the sanctuary;
- Ordering required food products, medications, medical equipment and supplies; organizing storage and stock supplies;
- Repairing and renovating existing animals pens and other sanctuary facilities and assisting in the construction of new pens/facilities;
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in biology, zoology, wildlife science, or related field highly desired;
- Minimum of one year of experience in a ranch/sanctuary environment;
- Ability to work with a variety of animals;
- Ability to move/lift lbs;
- Good observational and organizational skills with the ability to follow written directions and record observations;
- Work occasional long workdays (up to hours);
- Ability to work outdoors in variable weather conditions;
- Good communication skills;
- Must have reliable attendance;
- Support the mission of HSUS, Fund for Animals (FFA), and CABBR.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Murchison, Texas.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»