January 24, 2017
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Data Analyst for the Analytics and Research department. The primary purpose of this position is to perform research and analysis on marketing campaigns and develop and maintain reporting tools that calculate performance metrics.
This position will be responsible for:
- Utilizing data warehouse and database tools to export and analyze data to inform on fundraising strategies, program campaigns, and related activities;
- Assist the Senior Director and other staff in developing and maintaining models for improving data selects and segmentation for fundraising activities which may lead to increasing the overall success of fundraising efforts;
- Developing, designing, and maintaining models for improving direct mail performance which may help determine net revenue and lifetime donor value;
- Ensuring data integrity by working with team members to correct data entry issues as they arise;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in data mining is required;
- Required skills also include working knowledge of TSQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server 2012 and other Business Intelligence Tools;
- Advanced level knowledge of MS Excel required;
- Knowledge and understanding of fundraising systems and CRMs;
- Some familiarity required with statistical modeling techniques;
- Must have ability to work both independently and as an effective team member;
- Strong record-management and organizational skills for planning, executing, and follow up in order to meet deliverables and deadlines.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»