April 14, 2017
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Digital Copywriter for the Digital department. The primary purpose of this position will be to write clear, concise, and attention-grabbing content for our digital marketing platforms.
This position will be responsible for:
- Developing and writing web content for landing pages and advocacy/donation forms;
- Writing web content specifically designed to optimize advocacy and fundraising conversions;
- Creating attention-grabbing headlines for short-form content pieces to include homepage billboards and online ads;
- Collaborating with the search engine optimizationa team to develop web content that increases the organization's presence in search results;
- Working with vendors and other digital team members to brainstrom and test the performance of web content.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum two years' experience in writing for the web required; experience with writing for a nonprofit organization is preferred;
- Experience writing advocacy and fundraising content a plus;
- An understanding of the differences between pring and online content is required;
- Must have ability to analyze data to determine proper content decisions;
- Content marketing and social media copywriting experience is a plus;
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member;
- Demonstrated propensity to be creative, proactive, and self-motivated in the execution and completion of assigned accountabilites;
- Interest in animal protection issues and passion for writing about animal issues preferred.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Back to Employment Opportunities»